Tuesday 7 October 2008

Day 54 : A Tactical Error

Woken up by the radio this morning having slept about 24 out of 32 hours, I figured I was fit enough for work if I could get through the skipping and workout, especially as I had a few appointments booked.

I guess I miscalculated. I managed the skipping and workout OK but felt a bit shaky on the way down to the station and by the time I reached the office, was definitely feeling the worse for wear. I managed to get through the day but at the cost of a pretty severe headache and a few aches elsewhere. I'm sniffing a bit too, so maybe the flu. What does the PCP handbook say about genuine sickness?

I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Is the weather changing there too? I swear everyone here is sick now and I think that's why.

Emiko said...

Tim, so sorry to hear that you are getting sick!

Adrian was getting sick a little while back, and Patrick's advice was to ease off of exercises. Keep on with the jump-roping, but focus on getting better. It's better to miss a few days than to push yourself over the edge and be sick for a week and a half.

Get well soon!!
-E

Tim said...

Amy - the weather seems different every day, warm one day, cool the next. And we had absolutely torrential rain last night for most of the nught. I think we are more prone to sickness as the seasons change.

Emiko - thanks, I'll take your advice.