Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day 62 : Relapse

Well, I was feeling pretty rough before I went to sleep and just as bad when I woke up. I did my skipping, not advisable with a stiff and painful neck and a severe headache, very gingerly and decided that today was not the day to be a hero, called in sick and went back to sleep. The next thing I knew it was 12.30.

A trip to the doctor in the afternoon just described what I already knew - swollen glands in my neck and throat causng the muscles to lock up and giving me the headache. The cover-all solution, of course, is a course of antobiotics. I hate taking antibiotics because they kill the good bacteria with the bad but as I have the things, and I really do ache, I've decided to take them.

So, let's see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Do they sell probiotics in pharmacies/shops there? I have really become a believer in them, totally fixed some major digestive issues I used to have.

The good news is all that yogurt we eat for breakfast has probiotics too. If you really wanted to up your dose you could make a PCP shake with yogurt too.

Tim said...

I don't know cos I can't read!! I've taken probiotics in the past but ordered them on line. And to tell the truth, I've substituted yogurt for milk in my PCP diet. Yogurt is the only dairy product I eat for precisely that reason - all the "good" bacteria it contains.

Thanks for the thought.