Tuesday 21 October 2008

Day 68 : Back to Square 1

Sorry if my blogs are getting monotonous but it was just more of the same today. Woke up a 7 feeling terrible, got up at 9.15 and emailed the office to say I might not be in, had breakfast and felt a bit better, checked my work emails and decided to go in because there were things to to, skipped, ate lunch and then felt progressively worse on the journey in. I got the things done that needed to be done and came home, hardly able to keep my eyes open. A quick dinner and then bed.

One thing that I have noticed in my behavior is that sometime in my past, probably as a child, someone (my parents?) implanted in me the notion that you "shouldn't" go sick unless you really have no choice. So I have this "guilt complex" about taking time off (even though I will always tell my staff to go home if they are not feeling well). It is great when the doctor says "rest" but usually it is my choice because I'm the only one who knows how I feel and I push myself to avoid the feeling that I'm "skiving". I get that feeling even though I'm the "boss"!! Ah well.

No comments: