Thursday 16 October 2008

Day 63 : A Pain in the Neck

I woke at 4am feeling it would be preferable if the world were to end. I didn't exactly leap out of bed, the pain was too great, but gently eased myself to a sitting position and then spent an hour and a half letting it all subside.

So no commute today either, although I did some work exchanging files with the office and answering emails.

The doctor yesterday said the antibiotic should help the glandular infection but the stiff muscles need warmth and massage. So before going home, I visited the local discount store and came home with these:

The first is a long sausage-shaped gel filled plastic sac that is heated in the microwave, put inside a cloth cover and draped around the neck. It feels quite good.

The name of the second makes me wonder what uses the makers had in mind. Nevertheless, it allows the head to rest quite easily and vibrates quite nicely so that may also help loosen things up.






4 comments:

Amy said...

LOLOL...that last picture is priceless...

Emiko said...

Seriously! "The Love Pillow"...hahaha!

I do hope that it helps, though!

Patrick said...

Hope the love pillow helps but my hunch is it'll just make you feel weirder in the neck area.

Tim said...

Patrick, you're not wrong lol