Wednesday 29 October 2008

Day 76 : Indulgence Three

For Indulgence Three, I decided to revisit one of my old lunchtime haunts and have a set Chinese lunch. Today's special was prawns in chilli sauce (one of my favorites) with white rice, soup, pickles and almond jelly for dessert.

Once again, I waited for a negative feeling that just didn't come. In fact, it was a bit of a letdown. I enjoyed it but actually left the restaurant feeling hungry. That suggests that my PCP lunch is more filling.

So apart from worrying about the potential monosodium glutamate content of any Chinese meal, and eating white rice instead of brown, it was completely unremarkable, making me wish I had tried a new Indian I've spotted or my (previously) regular Thai place.

Health-wise, I'm still struggling with the stiff neck which today translated into a fairly constant headache so I cut back the workout again but skipped OK.

Congratulations to the PCPJ team who completed their project today - Kumiko, Kazue and Kazuhiro. Well done .... and we are only two weeks behind you.

2 comments:

Emiko said...

Tim, I am under the impression that these indulgences just aren't as rewarding as we build them up to be. I keep idealizing foods that I used to love, and it just isn't the same when I "indulge" in them after all that we have been through. But I think that you should be grateful to have avoided the painful bloating and other side-affects of some foods...it's not fun!

-E

Amy said...

That sounds really great! I am glad it didn't derail you and make you feel worse. I am probably going to have a similar indulgence.