Monday 15 September 2008

Day 32 : Hey Dudes

Actually, Patrick is quite right, I would never use the word as a term of address in a month of Sundays - I'm the Atlantic Ocean and about two generations from having it in my vocabulary but as we are proving with PCP, anything can change.

But I was sitting listlessly at the computer having been woken up too early by my thoughts (about a meeting I have this morning) reading Patrick's email and trying to summon the energy to get skipping when I thought "music" and "Dude looks like a lady", and went off in search of Aerosmith. I couldn't find the Greatest Hits CD with "dude" on it so I grabbed "Honkin' on Bobo" (what a delightful title lol) and if you are familiar with the album, you will know the first track is "Road Runner". Someone somewhere is trying to tell me something, I thought, and went skipping.

Not as good as yesterday but not bad and I've decided that skipping without my glasses is more pleasant but I've renamed my skipping rope - it is now my tripping rope!!

Then onto the workout - I rearranged the order to put the plank first. I often try to do the least pleasant things first to get them out of the way and this at least got me out of that horrible feeling of having one exercise left and it being the one I least want to do. I managed to struggle through it and got everything done by 8.20 with the rest of my public holiday "free" (apart from my from my morning and afternoon meetings, that is - both not "work" work but scheduled time, nevertheless).

The highlight of the day was actually lunch because for a change I was home and could do something in the kitchen. I threw some cooked minced chicken, some steamed spinach and some onion into a saucepan with a little water and some curry powder and dumped it on my carb allowance (brown rice). The rice seemed to disappear but the whole thing was delicious but I suspect my standards may have dropped in the last month.

We've got another rainy week coming up. There is a typhoon to the south-west and if it tracks up the coast, we could have some fun weather. I live on the top of a hill so my risk is being blown away, not being flooded.


5 comments:

Nate said...

Don't get blown away tim! Especially since you are losing weight the risk is even greater!

Amy said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I always procrastinate on the planks too.

Patrick said...

Dude! Don't switch up your exercises too much because there's a reason they're in that order. But once in a while when you're really hating on the plank you can get it out of the way first.

Personally, I like the plank. I see it as kind of a meditation on pain. Breathing is the key.

Nate said...

I love the plank too! seriously It's like I can feel my abs tightening to my body so i don't have to suck in to look good lol.

Patrick I'm glad you mentioned that since I have been busy the past few days I have been breaking up my routine I'll do my best to get them all in order then

Tim said...

I thought they might be in a sequence but it does help to get it out of the way. But I left the others unchanged, especially the leg-ups last so that after they are done, I can just lie in an exhausted heap on the floor.