Thursday 4 September 2008

Day 21 : A British Sense of Humour



Apologies to anyone who took yesterday's blog too seriously. It was intended to be "taken with a pinch of salt" (except, of course, we aren't allowed extra salt). I thought I had been a bit too serious recently and would lighten up at bit but maybe my whimsical sense of humour did not translate as well as I thought (I was grinning as I wrote it!). If yesterday had been 1st April, I would have been very proud of myself. Anyway, I've been within a lick of sticking to the diet and that is close enough.

So I had better not talk anymore about food, for a while at least, so back to the exercises. I don't seem to have too much trouble with the rubber bands except one of them, the shoulder press, has my left arm twitching as I extend my arms as the muscle gets tired. Weird. As already related, I have more trouble with the "up" exercises - push-ups, sit-ups and leg-ups. I think the general stiffness in my body has had the muscles basically not working properly for so long that they've forgotten how and these exercises are affected most.

So like last week, I dropped in at the Thai massage place on the way home last night - legs and back. They reckon that they can restore a lot of my flexibility by the New Year if I go at least once a week. We shall see.

Tonight I'm exercising my vocal chords - off to karaoke!!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

If only the PCP improved senses of humor...

Patrick said...

or should I say, humour?

Amy said...

Ooh, Karaoke!

Dude, I was kicking myself over drinking a 5.5 oz can of vegetable juice when I'm supposed to have about 4 oz. Since when is eating more veggies something to get upset about?! I vote to lick the spoon too. Twice!