Saturday 6 September 2008

Day 23 : Similarities

I've had a very interesting day. I managed to get the exercises done and out of the door so that I was only a couple of minutes late for the workshop and Leo himself, had not yet started talking.

Did you know that only 10% of your focusing is done by the lens? 80% is actually done by the cornea which is why laser surgery "works". And he had some super statistics on why Asian kids have very high incidences of poor eyesight.

Leo's teaching had remarkable echoes of PCP.

1. You have to believe that it is going to work
2. You have to put in some exercise to restore the functionality of the muscles
3. You need to ensure that you have enough energy (in the eyes, in this case)
4. Imagery and memory are important aspects of the visual system.

And he works with the following assumptions

1. Vision is 90% in the mind
2. Clear vision is the natural state
3. Sight is a learned ability
4. The visual field is a mirror of our energy level
5. Vision emanates from within the self, goes out and then returns within
6. Eyesight reflects belief imprints about what can be seen and what must not be seen
7. Muscles will regenerate in exercised.

It will not happen immediately but if I work at the exercises, the underlying assumption is that I will be able to restore my vision. I am both astigmatic and short-sighted. I always thought that the astigmatism was the real problem but if fact, it seems to be relatively mild and something that may be relatively simple to eliminate in a couple of weeks or so. After that, more work to bring my short-sightedness back to normal.

In fact, the only grumble about the whole day came from my stomach. I became very hungry towards the end of the afternoon and that was compounded by walking past my local ice cream shop without weakening, despite my favorites sorbets, cassis and passion fruit, being at the front of the display. Such self-control!!

More tomorrow.

3 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

Tim,

Those are some really interesting points. What kind of exercises are you doing with your eyes?

Adrian

Nate said...

Amen. I want to know the exercises too! That's so awesome.

Adrian and Emiko said...

Me too! (gmail us, Tim, gmail us!)

-E