Sunday 24 August 2008

Day 10 : Just in Time

I was going to take today as my day of rest (seemed appropriate on a Sunday) so I did my skips (1,007, I'm still worried about my left leg, the pain in the calf has spread to the knee as well) before heading off for a busy day to Charlie, who I mentioned before, so he could do some bodywork on my slightly twisted frame; then a volunteer project I work on twice a month and finally drop by to see my family, which I usually do on a Sunday evening.

But the rain that was threatening during my skipping set in for the day about lunchtime and so I thought that I wasn't sure how I would organise things during the week since the rain is forecast for a few days. A club I an a member of has a gym where I think I can do my skipping but it will mean a change of routine. So I did the exercises when I got home at 22.30.

Lunge OK 4x10 (I wasn't sure if we were supposed to switch legs so I did 2x10 for each leg)
Incline Pull-Up OK 4x8
Chest Fly OK 4x12 (The anchor I bought on Friday turned out to be useless with the doorframes I have but I was able to find a new sets of tubes, including an anchor, on Saturday).
Triceps Dip OK 3x8
Forward Shoulder Fly OK 4x12
Leg-Up Arrrrgh. After 5, an enforced rest (my abs are not strong enough to lift my legs without twisting my back) then I did 2x10 before deciding that I need to think about this one a bit more.

After all that, dinner and now, with midnight approaching, I need to sleep .........................

2 comments:

miles said...

Didn't Patrick tell you? For phase 2 all your jump-roping needs to be done while holding an umbrella!

I like what you mentioned in your last post about focusing on the bright side. It's reeeally easy to let your mind focus on how painful and hard training feels, especially when you're not in the mood to exercise to begin with. And workouts always end up being half as effective in that state of mind.

Positive thinking is where it's at!

Amy said...

Tim,
Just hang on! I bet your body will learn to adapt to your new routines quicker than you think. Hope the bodywork helped some, too!