Saturday 30 August 2008

Day 16 : The Hint of a Shadow

We had more thunder and lightning all night and I kept waking up It was very humid all night and still wet when I got outside to do my skipping about 8am. The clouds had lifted a bit though and at times there was even the hint of a shadow on the ground.

I've decided that skipping time like a train journey - it is not actually the running time, it is the gaps in between(changing trains) that decide how long the journey will be. It is the same with my skipping - if I have many breaks, it takes a long time. My 1,015 skips took 30 minutes.

This left me not enough time to do all the workout before I went out but did manage the squats before heading out. I was off for my weekly session with Charlie - a lot of work on my back (some spectacular "cracks") and legs (rather painful). A new twist today. I was connected to a meter measuring my pulse and I had to try to keep my pulse down while the session was going on!!

I mentioned my high acidity last week. I have been drinking the apple cider vinegar and honey mix, sloshing balsamic vinegar on my food and also eating predominantly vegetables and it all has had a dramatic effect. I'm now very alkaline, which is a much better place to be. I'm sure big swings are not good so I hope it will settle down and I will keep checking.

On the way back, I managed to catch "The Dark Knight", impressive, intense but a bit gloomy.

This means I didn't get home until 22.00. I didn't have time to pack a lunch so was rather hungry by this time. All the restaurants looked very tempting on the way home. So a very, very late lunch and then I managed to finished the workout. I actually survived without eating lunch quite well, although I'm sure it should not to be repeated too regularly. I'm going to pass on dinner as I feel full.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Hooray for alkaline!

Amy said...

congrats, although it blows my mind that acid vinegar somehow makes you alkaline. Hope you are feeling well!