Thursday 28 August 2008

Day 14 : Progress?

Patrick said "In just one more week the results will start to show." Maybe sooner than that. Maybe Emiko's feeling marvellous helped as well but after a disturbed night's sleep (there is no point in going to bed early (I finally made it by 22.40) if you don't sleep and I was still awake at 23.50 (I checked), awake again at 02.25 and I woke up for good before the alarm set for 06.30), I did well.

A factor could have been thinking about my 08.30 appointment, for which I had to rush but in the end was only a few minutes late, but I stepped out onto the patio (wet again after more overnight rain) and for the FIRST TIME since starting PCP, I actually managed to do a skip at the first attempt. Not only that, the first sequence didn't get tripped out until I had done 51, and that is a long sequence for me. I decided to try to turn the rope faster and managed to get through the skipping (1.006 today) in twenty minutes, easily the fastest yet. Amy managed her skips well yesterday too so maybe we are getting somewhere. My left calf and knee are still stiff but my legs are feeling a bit more balanced.

Workout 2 today. I should probably lunge a bit deeper, I'll work on that (I wobble a bit) but most of the other exercises went well. I did consult Patrick on the leg-ups and he suggested using a cushion to support my back. In fact. the right location for the cushion was under my bottom and while I won't claim I got it completely right, I did manage 4x10.

On food, because I was late last night, my dinner and bed-time snack ran into each other - yes, it was like having a real dessert. The fruit from dinner (half a Japanese pear) got mixed in as well and as I didn't have any boiled eggs ready, I put a raw egg white in the mix and noticed it less than the boiled one!

No comments: