Monday 25 August 2008

Day 11 : A Drowned Rat

As I was trudging up the hill with a couple of bags of fish and vegetables at 7.30pm, I suddenly realised that it had stopped raining. This must be a sign of encouragement from the Universe, I thought, so I quickly got outside with my skipping rope. Hah! I reached about 300 when there must have been a change of shift on high because back came the rain and by the time I had finished, I was soaked. For the record, 1013. I managed the other exercises in my own inimitable style with only the occasionial epithet. I like Workout 1 better than Workout 2. And amazingly, I'm halfway through Week 2.

I'm doing OK on the meal front. I bought a large size lunch box and my brown rice fills half of it and the meat/fish and vegetables fill the other half - just the right size. I think I should be drinking more (water, of course). I'm sure it is not, in fact, but the diet seems very "dry" - the lack of sauces, I guess.

Actually, I'm going to break ranks just a touch. Charlie checked my acidity when I saw him on Sunday and I'm way too acid. So I'll be trying to pick alkaline vegetables but also be driinking a diluted mixture of apple vinegar and honey. Someone (Adrian?) asked about honey earlier - I'm taking it for medicinal purposes.

Just a short post today. I've got some vegetables to steam .............................

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Feel free to add some low calorie dressings to your vegetables, or a low-salt tomato sauce.

Amy said...

What are some alkaline vegetables? I know tomatoes are very acidic (all that good ol' vitamin C!)

Nate said...

The interesting thing is that many food with an acidic PH (Like citrus) make your body very alkaline. You want to be alkaline because alkaline means high in oxygen which in turn means a very impossible place for disease, harmful bacteria, and viruses to grow. I found this site about different foods that are alkaline are acidic and how they change your bodies PH. A pretty simple explanation anyway.