Friday 15 August 2008

Day 1 Continued : Home Late

I got home rather late, about 11.15, with most of the exercises still to go. Argggh!

The final score :

Skips : the extra 450 I needed to reach 500
Squats : the remaining 4x20
Push-ups : ouch! after the skipping, my back doesn't want me to.
Trunk Curls : the remaining three sets and to make up for not doing the push-ups, and a rather restricted curl, 15 per set
Push-ups : try again but no, I really can't do this on a hard wood floor. Then inspiration, I have a tatami room (straw thatched matting) - yes, some success : I manage the remaining 3x5 but only pushing up from the knees. I'll have to work up to proper push-ups.

But I've managed it by 11.53 so I'll count that as a success.

So what's the damage - some not-nice twinges in my back, an aching left calf from the skipping (my back is not straight, that probably accounts for the back pain, and I may be favouring one side causing the ache in my calf), and a sore right knee.

But what really matters is how I will feel in the morning. I'll let you know!! I'm off to the bath .........

Oh, I forgot. Eating half is the least of my worries - a small bowl of cereal instead of a large one for breakfast; a lunch box, definitely smaller than my usual set meal in a restaurant for lunch and another set meal as part of my business meeting this evening but it was labelled light and low calorie (grilled fish, boiled vegetables and "red" rice with miso soup and Japanese pickles) and I finished each meal still feeling hungry. AND zero snacks between meals and no drinks other than water and cold tea. In the summer heat, drinking is important. I weighed in at 92 kg this morning, let's see how that comes off.

4 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

I'm pretty hungry myself..Time to eat!

Adrian

Patrick said...

Nice work Tim. It will only get easier as you go on.

Nate said...

Will Tim be the blogger-king of PCP2? He definitely has a head start! :)

Tim said...

Well, Nate, it could be that I've nothing better to do with my time .........
Or more likely, I've got a new toy to play with.